Have A Question?

Atlantic Rent-A-Car Pte Ltd is here to help you with a list of our Frequently Asked Questions that you might be keen to know below.

What are the requirements of renting a car?

Driver must produce a valid Singapore Class 3 driver’s license and identity card (locals) or International driver’s license translated in English with passport (foreigners).

Minimum age is above 23 and maximum 60 years old.

A minimum of 2-year qualified driving experience is required.

What does the car rental rate include?

Rates include insurance, maintenance and unlimited mileage.

Minimum charge is one-day rental. Excess hour is charge at one fifth of daily rates.

Rates are subject to change without prior notice. All rates are quoted in Singapore dollars.

What does your rental car insurance cover?

Vehicle is insured to cover third-party liabilities and property damage.

What is CDW?

CDW is COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER. Vehicle is covered under comprehensive insurance. However, the hirer is liable for the excess liability, which may be reduced to non-waiverable excess upon payment of the CDW as follows: –

Group Excess Liability CDW
Per Day / Week
Non Waiverable Excess
Saloon Car (Up to 1600cc) S$3000 / (*S$3000) S$20 / S$140 S$1500 / (*S$1500)
SUVCar (Up to 2000cc) S$4000 / (*S$4000) S$25 / S$175 S$2000 / (*S$2000)
MPV Car S$5000 / (*S$5000) S$30 / S$210 S$2500 / (*S$2500)
Luxury Car S$6000 / (*S$6000) S$35 / S$245 S$3000 / (*S$3000)

CDW does not cover missing items, accessories, windscreen, sand blasting, paintwork, undercarriage, vandalism, riots, act of god or damages not caused as a result of collision. Excess liability is applicable to each and every accident or damages.


Non-Third Party Damage Claim (Section 1) – cover own damage cost of rental vehicle

: Excess payable per claim – Refer to table for the respective amount


Third Party Damage Claim (Section 2) – cover third party claim

: Excess payable per accident (Singapore Use) – Refer to table for the respective amount

: Double of Singapore excess per accident (Malaysia Use)

: Towing charges

Windscreen excess claim – $800 (Below 1600cc) / $1200 (above 1600cc)

What happens if my rental car is involved in an accident?

Do’s & Don’ts following an Accident


The Motor Claims Framework (MCF) provides the following clear and common procedures for the reporting of motor accidents:


  1. Exchange Particulars of Parties Involved in the Accident and take note of the vehicle numbers
  2. Take photos of the scene of the accident and the damages to all vehicles.
  3. Call Atlantic Rent-A-Car immediately at 6258 8874 for further advice on the accident.
  4. Report to the Atlantic’s insurer reporting centre within 24 Hours or by the next working day.
  5. If there are injured parties in an accident, call for medical assistance and the police immediately.
  6. Make a Traffic Police report as soon as possible or within 24 hours of the accident if the accident involves:
    • Fatality;
    • Damage to government property;
    • Foreign vehicle;
    • Pedestrian or cyclist;
    • Hit-and-run case; or
    • Injury cases where
      1. at least one person involved in the accident was taken to hospital from the accident scene by an ambulance/ self conveyed; or
      2. any party involved in the accident was injured and obtained outpatient medical leave for 3 days or more.
  1. Please note that after filing a Traffic Police report, you are also required to report to your insurer within 24 working hours or by the next working day


  1. Do not move your vehicle before taking photographs of the accident scene.
  2. If someone is injured or there has been a fatal accident, please do not attempt to move the injured person or vehicle(s).
  3. DO NOT have any dealings with unauthorised tow-truck operators at the scene of the accident.
  4. Please note that any failure on the hirer’s part to do reporting of any accident within 24 hours time frame will result in the insurance company exercising the rights of repudiation all claim under the motor insurance policy.
  5. The Hirer shall therefore be liable for all the damage to the Vehicle and shall indemnify the Owner against all claims demands, liabilities, losses, damage, proceedings, cost or expenses suffered or incurred by the Owner as a result of any failure to comply or branch of any provision on the Agreement

Can I rent the car to drive for Private Hire platforms (Z10/Z11)?

No, Atlantic Rent-A-Car does not provide car rental services for hirers to use for Private Hire platforms (Z10/Z11).

Must I refill the petrol tank?

The hirer should refill the petrol to the same level as rented out from Atlantic Rent-A-Car Pte Ltd.

If the tank is not refuelled, a S$50 refuelling service charge and the cost of petrol will be charge.

What if I committed a parking or traffic violations?

The hirer is responsible for all parking and traffic violations and it is the responsibility of the hirer to have the cash card for ERP gantry and carpark.

Will there be any charge if I want the vehicle to be delivered to me?

A service fee of S$30.00/trip is chargeable for either delivery or collection of the car during office hours (0900-1800 hrs Mon-Fri) and S$50.00/trip after office hours or weekend. 

What if the rental vehicle breaks down?

 24-Hour Roadside Assistance is available in Singapore and Malaysia.

Atlantic Rent-A-Car Pte Ltd provides a 24-Hour Emergency Breakdown and Towing service at no cost to the hirer, in the event that the vehicle or its replacement suffers a breakdown or accident within mainland Singapore.

The hirer agrees that damaged tyres, empty petrol tank, loss of car key or key locked inside the vehicle by itself, does not constitute a breakdown and in the event that the 24-Hour Roadside Assistance is called to upon to respond to such occurrence, the hirer shall bear the cost of such response at S$50.00 service charge per trip and other costs as follows: –

Loss of car key – Chargeable (Cost of replacing a new key)

Damaged tyres – Chargeable (Sidewall Damage or Beyond Patchable)

Punctured tyres – Chargeable

Can the rental vehicle be driven to Malaysia?

Vehicles are strictly for Singapore use only.

If the hired vehicle is driven into Malaysia, the hirer shall be responsible for the full cost of Recovery / Towing charges back to Singapore in the event of a breakdown plus an unlimited liability should an accident occur.

However, the hirer may elect for the option to use the hired vehicle in Malaysia by informing Atlantic Rent-A-Car Pte Ltd’s office in advance so that, insurance, can be arranged at S$35.00 per day or S$300.00 per month.

The excess liability for Malaysia use will be double of the Singapore excess (Section 1 & Section 2).

How should I pay for the rental?

For short-term rentals (below two months): A security deposit and an advance rental is payable before the commencement of hire.

Final adjustment will be billed upon return of the vehicle and completion of the rental. 

Atlantic Rent-A-Car Pte Ltd accepts bank transfer, PayNow and all major credits card (subject to surcharge of 3% – 5%).

What if there is an additional driver?

An additional driver is required to register with Atlantic Rent-A-Car Pte Ltd before he/she is allowed to drive the hired vehicle. Otherwise, he/she will not be covered by the insurance.

A maximum of one authorised driver and one additional driver for retail rental.

How can I extend the rental period?

Should the hirer wish to extend the rental period, it is important that Atlantic Rent-A-Car Pte Ltd must be informed immediately or at least 24 hours in advance.

An advance payment is required to extend the rental period, failing which the hirer is driving without insurance.

How do I convert my foreign driving licence to Singapore driving licence?

The following information below is extracted from https://www.police.gov.sg/Advisories/Traffic/Traffic-Matters

In Singapore, you need to possess a valid Singapore Driving Licence to drive or ride a motor vehicle on our roads. The driving licence will indicate which class of vehicle you are able to drive or ride.

This applies to:

  • All Singaporean Citizens
  • All Permanent Residents
  • Foreigners residing in Singapore for more than 12 months
  • Foreigners residing in Singapore for less than 12 months and are employed as drivers holding Work Permits or S-Pass 

If you fall into any one of the above categories and possess a valid foreign driving licence, you are required to convert your licence to a valid Singapore Driving Licence.

 If you wish to obtain a valid Singapore Driving Licence, you may commence your training at any one of the 3 driving centres in Singapore: the Bukit Batok Driving Centre, the ComfortDelGro Driving Centre, or the Singapore Safety Driving Centre.

After passing the relevant theory and practical tests, you may apply for, replace, or renew your valid Singapore Driving Licence by visiting our E-Services page.

More information about the Basic Theory Course and Foreign Licence Conversion can be found below. 



Can’t Find An Answer?

Feel free to contact us if you have doubts or questions and our representative will contact you shortly.

Renting A Car Has Never Been Easier

Reserve by Phone

Call Us 24/7

Book by Messenger

Message Us Now

Reserve by Web Form

Fil Up The Form Today